question

usernamepasswordbs avatar image
usernamepasswordbs asked

configuration to charge at night

So I have installed a 4.3kw solar system with Multiplus 5000va, RS MPPT 450/100 and 9.6kwh pylontech batteries. At this time of year we don;t have much sun so solar charging is very variable but I have overnight cheap rate grid electricity so I would like the batts to charge from the grid overnight only between 22.00 and 6.00 and then we will use any solar available during the day plus battery power from night-time charging. Can anyone tell me whether there is a 'plan' I can follow or would I really need to program this from scratch?

So i don't want any charging from the grid except 22.00 til 6.00 then full usage of battery/solar from 6am onwards until 22.00 comes around again and battery charges form grid again.

I think this plan will change when the spring/summer comes when hopefully solar will supply all loads during the day and charge batts for the night-time which will call for a different plan.

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

If you are using ESS then you can set this up with scheduled charging from within the ESS menus.
If you are not using ESS then you'll need to install the large image and use Node-RED to create a flow which controls the charging times.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

usernamepasswordbs avatar image
usernamepasswordbs answered ·

Thanks, I've got the scheduled charge set up but how can i stop it charging from the grid at other times? Yesterday the battery was around 35%, my lower SoC limit is 20% but it was charging from the grid one minute and yet discharging the next..What parameters do I need to look at?

2 |3000