question

h2009 avatar image
h2009 asked

Cerbo GX - controller inverter mode based on time?

Hi there

I could use with some help please, as I’m not completely sure how to go about this “simple” need of my system. So i thought it would be best to ask.

Basically I’m looking to charge my batteries from the grid starting at 0:00am and finishing at 5:30 or SOC (which is currently done by ESS). However anytime outside of this window I want the inverters to switch to “invert mode” unless SOC is less than 10%. And then set the inverter mode to “on” at 0:00.

Can someone tell me the most full proof way of doing this.

Secondly, I cannot find any guides of setting up Node Red on Cerbo GX. I assume it’s the same as V OS, but again just checking.

Node-REDmodificationsgui mods
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

For node red, be on current firmware, then just enable the large firmware option in the firmware menu. Let it update.

Under a new settings category - large features - enable node red.

Using a simple time based flow you can change ESS to "keep batteries charged" and then return to the self-consumption mode based on time or SOC.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

h2009 avatar image h2009 commented ·

@nickdb

Thank you very much for you input, its helped me a lot to get started.

Can you please tell me if I've done this correctly from the screenshot. Basically I've used the inverter modes to "on" during my off peak hours and "Invert only" during on peak hours to get the function that I currently want.

I have deployed this but sadly it didn’t work as the modes didn’t change. Can you tell me what I have done wrong in this case

screenshot-2022-11-22-at-210712.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

you may also be able to to this with the existing Assistants by ignoring AC1 in I do this myself to turn mains on if SOC goes below 30% but I also use it to turn a separate external relay on and off based on battery voltage, anyway the existing assistants may do the job, worth a look. No point in reinventing the wheel

2 |3000

Related Resources

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.

Webinar Part 1 - Intro to Node-Red

Webinar Part 2- Basic Palettes

Webinar Part 3 - Advanced example

Victron Node-RED for dummies guide by Fideri

Node Red Community Space (normally hidden)

Venus OS Large (Node-RED) manual

Victron Node-RED github readme

Victron Node-RED custom nodes docs

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic