question

colj avatar image
colj asked

ESS use of ECO mode to improve system efficiency

ESS system (Quattro 48/10000 8kW, Cerbo GX, 20kWh batteries (LiFe), 3kw Solar PV).

Hi All,

Been investigating the overall system efficiency (round trip is about 70% - data in an earlier query).

The biggest contributor seems to be the inverter converting back to AC. Looking through the logs (1 minute interval), showed that the efficiency was down to 10% for very small (<50W) loads. Then looked at some inverter efficiency charts which confirmed that the inverter efficiency drops off exponentially below 10% of its capacity (so 800W and below in my case). My background load is 400-600W so I think that this is beginning to explain for overall low efficiency. At this time of year, small solar PV contributions reduce the load to very low levels.

At 10% efficiency it's cheaper for me to buy from the grid that to invert from battery. If I use ECO mode on the Inverter, when the load is less than the set level (and inverter switches to standby) will the ESS system draw from the grid until the inverter notices higher loads and kicks in again please?

EDIT: Further reading and it looks like ECO mode is not an option on a Quattro and (alternative) AES options only work when not grid connected???

Colin

EDIT: Is this something that the Grid setpoint might also help with? I did set it to '0' since I was trying to minimise use of the grid but by raising it back up to 50W (the default) or a bit higher will that be expected to help reduce the occasions that the inverter is trying to satisfy these small loads?

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers