question

colj avatar image
colj asked

Implications of 3mins of missing log data - has the system shut down/restarted?

Hi All,

I'm trying to understand a log (during a storm with multiple grid losses/fluctuations).

There are two instances where I am missing a block of log data (3 mins) and followed by unexpected log entries (e.g. going into passthro) before the system settles down. Is it likely that the Cerbo GX or the Quattro (either or both?) restarted - is there any clues that would help identify which please? Even though I have my log interval set to 1 minute, there are often multiple (up to 10?) entries within a one minute interval - interested if there's any reason for this please?

Colin

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@colj

It can be emp from lightning.

The second thing is check in the csv data it could all be there just in a logging time offset.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

colj avatar image colj commented ·

Thanks Alexandra - I had noticed some large offsets but don't understand how I map the log time and the log offset to the actual time to find missing entries?. I had noticed some large offsets (>6000) that then steadily decrease to less than 2. The unit seems to be s (seconds) which would mean >100min offsets - that would be explained by a consumer unit RCD tripping which shutdown my network for a couple of hours. Does the data need pre-processing to get truly time sequenced - I cannot see how missing log entries can be found please?

Colin

0 Likes 0 ·
colj avatar image
colj answered ·

I think I've found the answer!

The Cerbo GX is rebooting.

Under VRM config options , there is a default setting to reboot the Cerbo when if a networking loss occurs (with a one hour default interval). The first 3min data loss occurs about an hour after my RCD trip that lost my network. The second 3min loss of data is an hour later. So, I'm now confident that the Cerbo was rebooting and the 'strange' entries in the log were due to the way the Cerbo restarts and the sequence it goes through to reach what should be the the current state.

Colin

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Yes. Cerbo and CCGX, probably all GX devices cannot collect data while rebooting.
0 Likes 0 ·