question

barneythecat avatar image
barneythecat asked

ESS update on Multi RS Solar

Hi,

I've recently purchased a Multi RS solar with 2xUS5000 Pylontech Batteries. During the Winter I want to use the Batteries during the day and charge them at night with Economy 7 cheaper electricity. At the moment the ESS is limited in the Multi RS solar and you cant set specific times to charge the Batteries. Reading previous threads, I believe Victron will update the firmware to add this feature but does anyone know a timescale as would like to use this Winter?

Thanks

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

We don’t have any time frame for the roll out of various features.

I can say there are dedicated engineers working every day on bringing this model to feature equivalence with the Multi range.

There is a beta firmware test group internally. It is not yet public, but may become so in the future before a full public release for something like this.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

barneythecat avatar image barneythecat commented ·
Thanks for the response Guy. Do you know how I can get the Beta Firmware if it goes public?
1 Like 1 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ barneythecat commented ·

I'm pretty sure it will be published in the modification space:
https://community.victronenergy.com/spaces/31/index.html

1 Like 1 ·
Adam avatar image
Adam answered ·

HI there , yes i can confirm that the ESS is currently limited, as its really a complete different way of doing it with the multi rs as there is not VE config and standard ESS assistant that we are used to, so no control in the GX device .

I'm also interested to see the answer to this question as I have been doing a lot of testing with the RS and can currently only charge from grid by Bluetoothing in and manually moving the Min SOC / change the ESS function to keep batteries charged. So I suppose if you are local to the system you can manually do it that way until the firmware becomes available.

1 comment
2 |3000

semlohnhoj avatar image semlohnhoj commented ·
I have the same problem. My current solution was to set up a PC with the victron connect app installed on it and use AutoHotkey to automate changing the settings at specific times. Doing it this way doesn't even need to be local to the RS as you're connecting via the internet (I have it running on a VM in my work office).

It would be much easier to do this with some proper scheduling settings (please victron). Doesn't even need to be done as part of any larger ESS upgrade.

1 Like 1 ·
energie-utechnik avatar image
energie-utechnik answered ·

Abend, darauf bin ich auch schon seit Monaten gespannt. Dann hoffen wir doch mal das Victron uns da noch überrascht, das würde den Multi Rs Solar nach oben heben.

MfG Schroeder Daniel

2 |3000

ponzoa avatar image
ponzoa answered ·

Has the ESS Status of the Multi RS Solar changed yet or are we still without ESS here?

Thanks.

3 comments
2 |3000

Hi @ponzoa,

The Multi RS ESS support is limited to what is described here in the Multi RS manual.

1 Like 1 ·
energie-utechnik avatar image energie-utechnik commented ·
GGute Frage, zumindest kommt erstmal die Multi Rs Solar 2Tracker Version. Gruß Daniel
0 Likes 0 ·
frankmsc68 avatar image frankmsc68 energie-utechnik commented ·
@energie-utechnik,ja richtig,schade nur,dass 2x 3kw mppt eingesetzt sind,anstatt den 4kw mppt zu uebernehmen!
0 Likes 0 ·