question

Daniel Toribio avatar image
Daniel Toribio asked

ESS System with some problems after power outages

Dear friends,

I have experienced a problem with a customer's ESS system. Multiplus and Fronius inverters are connected in parallel to the grid. There is a TOPzS batteries installed. ET112 meter and BMV700 is installed too.

My customer told me he noticed 2 power outages. I think the problem comes from the BMV monitor, but a problem from the grid meter has more sense as I have read in FAQ4 from ESS manual. I attached pictures from the VRM portal:

The previous night of a power outage, I found some error from the BMV monitor:

And this 25th april when I enter in the VRM portal, It showed an error message in a red window, it says something like "a device is trying to send data". I had to restore the token authorization in order to solve the problem But before restoring the token, I noticed this:

I called my Victron Seller in order to request them to write to level3support mail. But I have no news and no technical explanations.

Please, could you help me? If you need more information, please let me know.

Best regards,

Daniel.

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Hi @Daniel Toribio

You asked 'How I have to check the grid meter?'

download the data on the timeframe where things go wrong and check in spreadsheet program.

And can you please resize the images? very difficult to read your posts.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniel Toribio avatar image Daniel Toribio commented ·

Dear Boekel,

Thanks for your help.

I have downloaded the .xlsx from the hour period of the power outages.
https://ufile.io/ppgfrbah

I have downloaded the .xlsx from the hour period when the "BMV problem" and "Token Authorization" occured
https://ufile.io/t6bmmgxh

Take a look, and I would very pleased if you could help me.

Let me know if I can give more information.

Best regards,

Daniel.

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ Daniel Toribio commented ·

I don't see any problem during / after the power outtage? what was the problem?

What steps did you take to cure the BMV error?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniel Toribio avatar image Daniel Toribio boekel ♦ commented ·

In order to cure the BMV error, I reset the CCGX from settings/general menu.

Then the VRM portal requested restoring the token authorization.

But I think the BMV error is a coincidence. It seems to be a grid meter communication fault, I will check the ET112, the UTP wire and the RS485-USB converter.

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ Daniel Toribio commented ·

@Daniel Toribio
sorry to repeat the question but: what is the problem during / after power outage? the grid meter came back online by itself didn't it?

0 Likes 0 ·