question

paulcupine avatar image
paulcupine asked

Why does ESS cut back AC coupled PV instead of Multiplus output when batteries are not full?

I have a Fronius on the AC output side of my Multiplus. I have noticed that when large loads on the grid side of my Multiplus are switched off, the Fronius output is cut back even when the battery is not full. It seems like ESS prefers to cut back the AC coupled PV rather than decreasing the inverting/increasing the charging of the Multiplus. After some time, the Fronius output is slowly ramped up again and everything stabilises.

Is there a reason why ESS works in this way? The problem is that if there are large intermittent loads (eg oven, microwave) quite a lot of PV harvesting is lost as the Fronius is repeatedly cut back and then has to slowly ramp up again, when none of it would be lost if the Multiplus was adjusted instead.

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

Is you Fronius set to MG50/60 in country setup ? This should not happen if setup is correctly done.

Jens

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

paulcupine avatar image paulcupine commented ·

It is currently set to MG50. This is the default, I think, because I don't remember setting it.

0 Likes 0 ·
paulcupine avatar image paulcupine commented ·
Any other suggestions of where to look for configuration errors in my system that could cause this behaviour?
0 Likes 0 ·