question

etedverhard avatar image
etedverhard asked

one more MP2 in a three phase system possible?

I've got a three-phase system (1x MP2 GX, 2x MP2) with 14,4kWh Pylontech

Now I want to have a further MP2 for my heating unit.

Unfortunately I can't find something about connecting a fourth MP2 to the system.

So: Is it possible to use just a MP2 in addition to the three-phase-system?
Must it be a GX-type to "create" it's own system (1phase)?

How should the battery be connected in case of 2 GX-types?

Thank you all! ;-)

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@ETEDVERHARD

You can add second MP-II parallel to existing one on the phase that needs more power for this heating unit.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

etedverhard avatar image
etedverhard answered ·

Thank you very much for this answer.

Has it to be a GX or can I use a standard MP2?

2 |3000

marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@ETEDVERHARD

You can have only one GX in the system.

You already have GX so plain MP-II (same type and size) will do.

It will be connected to the same battery like the other 3 units and you will have to observe all the wiring requirements of the parallel setup.

Here is my configuration. On phase L2 I have two MP-II inverters working in parallel and it gives me double power for this phase.screen-shot-2022-09-01-at-92111-am.pngThere is one "but" with this solution.

How old is your current system?

I had problems in connecting MP-II units with different hardware revisions (12 and 16). If you will have a problem in getting this extra MP-II unit to work parallel with your existing one, for the parallel units in one phase use the existing ones. The new one install alone in one of the phases.

2 |3000

etedverhard avatar image
etedverhard answered ·

Hi.

Thank you again a lot for this.

My system was installed in July 2022, so it's brandnew! :-)
...and I love my Victron-System! :D:D:D

Now I will add a third PV array with a SmartSolar MPPT RS 450/100-TR.
So I'll be able to have my PV power also when I'm on emergency power.

Next year, I hope, I'll be able to replace my Kostal Inverter with a Fronius, so I can also add my "old" array to the Victron-grid.

Are you familiar with the SmartSolar MPPT RS 450/100-TR?

1 comment
2 |3000

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·
@ETEDVERHARD

No I never used RS 450.

I have SmartSolar MPPT 250/70 and 150/35.

0 Likes 0 ·
motylu avatar image
motylu answered ·

Hi @MarekP ,

do you have also ESS assistants in all these units? I am using three MP-IIs with three MPPTs, Cerbo GX, Pylontech batteries in 3 phase system with ESS and i I am thinking to add one MP-II in parallel to master (L1) MP-II to increase available power only in this phase.

2 comments
2 |3000

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·

@motylu

Yes I have ESS assistant loaded.

screen-shot-2022-09-22-at-101700-am.png

1 Like 1 ·
motylu avatar image motylu marekp commented ·
Great! It will be very useful for me and of course others to have opportunity to increase power only in one phase.
0 Likes 0 ·