victor-wds avatar image
victor-wds asked

ESS not available

System: Multiplus 24/5000

MK2 version 1130135

Product ID 2614

Firmware 403

Build Date 201611221134

I would like to stop the Multiplus feeding back to the grid but i cannot see the ESS option on the menu of the Color controller, is there a way of installing it so that it appears as a menu item on this old system.

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

First you should update all components to the latest version and then you have to "install" the ESS assistant on the MultiPlus.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/index-en.html

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

victor-wds avatar image victor-wds commented ·

Thank you for your speedy reply. The firmware is up-to-date 403. and CCGX firmware is 1.74. The VE config 3 app is installed on my PC and a vff file has been created with the ESS assistant in it. I need to add the assistant remotely and in the video "remote VEConfig" it shows an option at the end of the device list of VRM. The VRM is working and displaying all the relevant live data. I do not have the "remote VEConfig" link visible on the screen and the two way communication flag is on. How do I get this config file with ESS onto the Multiplus remotely please?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ victor-wds commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
victor-wds avatar image victor-wds Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Thanks for the info, I have updated the CCGX to build 2.81 using the microSD directly on the colour controller. This does reveal an upload new firmware button on the device list screen - great, however it shows a message when i try to update as shown in picture below. I note in the instructions that "Minimum already installed VE.Bus firmware version must be 426" and my version is 403.

I have tried downloading the rvsc file from the Multiplus and opening it in VE Config and saving it but it will not upgrade the version number higher than 403. Can you advise how i might do this please.

firmware-not-updateable-2.png

0 Likes 0 ·
victor-wds avatar image victor-wds victor-wds commented ·
To complete this firmware update I purchased a MK3-usb adapter which plugs into the VE bus of the Multiplus. Victron Connect was then used to update the firmware connected directly to the Multiplus. The VRM portal connection was then used to download the VE Configure file (rvsc) to my main off-site computer, VE Config 3 was then used to add the ESS assistant, but a "gridcode" password error was presented, i contacted the initial supplier who gave me this 12 character code (sorry cannot put it here). Once added the VRM portal connection was used to upload the modified rvsc file back up to the multiplus - all complete, thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·