question

Vincenzo Stefanazzi avatar image
Vincenzo Stefanazzi asked

Adding wind generator to ESS system

Hello,

I am wondering what is the best way to add a wind generator to a grid-tie ESS system.

I would like the wind generator continue fed the grid when the main battery is fully charged without wasting any power into its dump resistor.

So, the real question is "How a Multiplus-II-GX inverter configure the SmartSolar MPPT charger to send power into the grid when the battery is fully charged?".

If it only "senses" the main battery voltage, could the "mistery box" be a Orion DC-DC converter without any communication link with the GX?

Or, if it needs a communication with another SmartSolar device, could the "mistery box" be an adidtional Smartsolar charger with aux-battery connected to the PV-Input side?

Maybe it is a dumb question, but I can't find the described use-case in the ESS manual nor in the Document section of your web site. (probably it is not possible)

Consider that the current energy crisis makes a grid-tied system much more attractive than before, at least here in Italy.

Best regards
Vincenzo Stefanazzi

setup-2.png

ESS
setup-2.png (123.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers