question

gil-marshall avatar image
gil-marshall asked

Skylla TG24/100 WHITE

I've inherited a Skylla TG24/100 WHITE charger. Within the white box with blue lettering are two identical printed circuit boards with their own mains connections and outputs. They are only connected to each other via ribbon cables to the front control panel. Can anyone advise on how to wire it up and to test it, and are the two boards independent?

pylontech und skylla
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Dorsett avatar image Mike Dorsett commented ·
can you post a picture?
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
gil-marshall answered ·

I know this is a somewhat old post, the electrics have been put on the back burner. Here are the innards of the charger showing the two identical and unconnected boards, apart from the ribbon cable visible in the upper right corner. It's a Skylla TG24/100 WHITE, so I assume quite old.

Should the two boards be wired in parallel to achieve that charging capacity? I've downsized considerably on batteries, so would it be possible to just connect a single board and have the second as a backup?

charger.jpg

charger.jpg (153.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gil-marshall answered ·

Yes, so to answer my own question, the two identical boards need to be connected in parallel, as well as their supplies. If you connect only one board, a fault condition is indicated.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic