question

lucadea1985 avatar image
lucadea1985 asked

configuration ess

Hello, I have an easysolar 2 gx, smart meter, 12 kwh canbus battery, fronius primo 3kw.

I can't get the system to work as I would like.

I can only inject into the network the fronius which is positioned on ac in.

All loads are on ac out 1.

With ESS I have large production losses because when the battery is at 100% the mppt charger is switched off and the load is always powered by the fronius.

I tried ignore ac input disabling ess but I don't like how it works because it drains the battery when I have production from the fronius.

What I would like is to prioritize from the mppt with the power surplus from the battery or battery charge to 100%.

example :

2500w fronius production,

1500w mppt production,

1000w loads,

battery 100%

what happens is that the mppt is at 0w and the fronius feeds the 1000w of the load instead I would like the fronius to continue injecting 2500w into the grid and the 1000w of the loads came from the mppt.

I hope I have explained ... I can make almost all the necessary changes apart from injecting mppt into the grid ...

Do you have any advice?

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

What are ESS grid feed-in settings? (See attached) Which version of the assistants and GX firmware are your running? 1654966230690.png

1654966230690.png (31.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lucadea1985 avatar image
lucadea1985 answered ·

feed in ac is enabled, dc disabled. Ess assistant, no hub. gx 2.87 If I activate feed in dc it works but I lose the charging current limitation of the dvcc and then it injects into the grid also mppt and I am not authorized by the electricity company. I tried using hub 1 with ignore ac in but I don't like how it works ...

2 comments
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

I am not aware of a way to priortize the MPPT over the Fronius. Can you provide a small diagram to show the setup, in particular with regards to the energy meters/CT clamps if any?

0 Likes 0 ·
lucadea1985 avatar image lucadea1985 ejrossouw commented ·

questa è la mia configurazione attuale. tutti i carichi sono su carico critico

0 Likes 0 ·
lifeingalicia avatar image
lifeingalicia answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

lucadea1985 avatar image lucadea1985 commented ·

hello, what do you recommend? Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
lucadea1985 avatar image
lucadea1985 answered ·

this is my current configuration. all loads are on critical load

2 |3000

sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

Did you find an answer @lucadea1985@gmail.com? An extreme solution might be to move the Fronius connection to a point between the ET112 meter and the grid supply and delete all references to it in the GX device (Feed-in AC-coupled PV = NO etc). Then it will still work and reduce your bills but would not cause the MPPT shutdown you do not want. Unfortunately it won't then show up in the Console or on VRM either :(

2 |3000