pet asked

ESS importing and exporting with full battery

Background_IMG_1947.MOV (1).mp4Under_load_IMG_1946.MOV.mp4

Pets ESS settings.TXT

Multiplus 2 48/5000/70

Cerbo GX c/w touch

ET112

4 x Pylontech us3000c

System only set up and running for 2 days.

All seems stable when running background loads but when asked to do some work >1Kw, there is draw from the grid and also some exporting ! see video

Could someone explain and check my settings please.

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

I believe it's because the load is fluctuating quickly and the gird is then acting as a balancer to take/provide the extra/missing power. My system does the same and I assumed it was because I'm wired into ACIN side of inverter with a ET112 monitoring the grid (which adds latency compared to ct clamp but is more accurate).

Are you wire on the AC IN side? I've not tested it but i assume if you wire loads into AC OUT instead then i thought that problem would disappear.

I've also heard that using ET112 or similar meter also add latency compared to CT clamps (however ET112 has increased accuracy). Might be another partial solution..

If you're concern is just energy usage from grid and not infact complying with local feed/export in regs then from my experience the amount is small over time. (If i use 15kwh a day then less than 0.5kwh is import/exported from said fluctuations)

I find things like my electric oven to be the biggest driver of this issue. ie heats up to set temp then stop heating for a awhile. So load goes down and up rapidly, and inverter takes a few seconds to catchup up. Whereas a constant loads the inverter manages to get pretty spot on.,

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.