question

marekp avatar image
marekp asked

"#1 device swiched off" please help

I am getting this "#1 device switched off" problem and cannot find the reason for it.

Here is what Victron documentation is saying.

VE.Bus Error Codes
Error 1 - Device is switched off because one of the other phases in the system has switched off

One of the phases in a multi-phase system has failed. Commonly because of a Low battery, Overload or High temperature alarm. When this happens, the other phases will show VE.Bus Error Code 1.

Trouble shooting: Look for the failing phase, which will be the phase that is not showing VE.Bus Error Code 1. And check the LEDs on that phase to find out what the reason was for the shut down.

Diagnosing on VRM First make sure that Automatic alarm monitoring is enabled; that is necessary to create the Overload and Temperature errors in the log. You will see Overload and Temperature alarms occurring at the same time as VE.Bus Error 1.

Note for split- and three-phase systems: VRM, nor the GX device, will indicate on which phase the overload or the temperature alarm occurred. To find out on which unit the error occurs, go to system after it has switched off. And look on the LEDs. The unit with the overload or temperature alarm, will have the corresponding alarm LED lit continuously. The other units will indicate a VE.Bus error, indicating that they miss one unit.

Recovery: auto-restart once the error is gone.

In my case there is no overload, temperature or low battery.

System simply drops the output power and auto-restarts after less than a minute.

Grid Input voltage is ok as per VRM. My Grafana also is not showing grid problems.

I have no way to see which phase is causing it because problem is gone before I can get to do system and see the LEDs, especially when it happens in the middle of the night and I have to look for the flashlight. :(

It is 3 phase system with 2 MP-II 48/3000 parallel per phase.

Any ideas where and how to look for the culprit?

#1 device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
peterp12 avatar image
peterp12 answered ·

I have same problem. First time it come 18.04. I have checked everything and nothing. It may be a grid problem (Warszawa płd.)? Did You fixed?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peterp12 avatar image
peterp12 answered ·

No I do not have overload and temperature alarm. It is a Error #1 sometimes Error#3. It is working fine without grid. When grid is on after 30s display error, after presing clear on CCGX swithing on for a while and then again error and over again.

2 |3000

jc2010 avatar image
jc2010 answered ·

It may sound silly but if possible stick a webcam/cctv/camera recording all inverters 24/7, if storage is a concern the quality doesn't have to be amazing just enough to catch the LED and you can have it automatically overwrite after 48 hours or enough time for you to pause before the next write over post event.

3 comments
2 |3000

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·

@jc2010

Not silly, I have done it but still do not know the reason for Error#1.

0 Likes 0 ·
error1-trim-480.mp4 (15.0 MiB)
jc2010 avatar image jc2010 marekp commented ·

What if you move that middle inverter to another position, does the issue follow the inverter or does it stay with the cables at that position?

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp jc2010 commented ·

Unit #2 from the left has been replaced with the new one and problem is now solved.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic