question

ndautomation avatar image
ndautomation asked

Drawing check for my RV power kit

Hi All,

I spent some time putting together this drawing for my RV power supply kit. Would anyone be kind enough to check over my drawing in ref to connections, cable and fuse sizes etc, any advise would be much appreciated.

Victron Energy NDAutomation power pod 2000.pdf

technical drawings
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Just glanced at this.

There should be no connections to battery negative except the smart shunt, move all other connections to the load side of the shunt.

Looks like you want your 12V alternator to charge the 24V house battery. If so, you need a 12/24 Orion, not a 24/12

Not sure what you're doing with L/H on the Orion, but you have to remove the bridge.

Smaller 24V fuse/distribution box is wired the wrong way. Negative should be at the top in your drawing.

Not sure if you need a Cerbo plus DMC.

But

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ndautomation avatar image
ndautomation answered ·

Thank you for taking the time to look, I will move all negative's as recommended, I am using a 12/12/30 Orion ( pulled the image of Victron site to compile the drawing missed the marking on the label ).

I was lead to believe the Cerbo cannot switch the Multiplus so a DMC is required??

2 comments
2 |3000

@Ndautomation

You're right. In a system with VE.Bus BMS you cannot switch the MultiPlus on/off from a Cerbo GX. The DMC is a good choice.

0 Likes 0 ·
ndautomation avatar image ndautomation Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

@Stefanie

Thank you for clarifying.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic