question

mindaugas avatar image
mindaugas asked

Multiplus 24/3000 in Hybrid mode

I do have Multiplus II from old van and planing to use it for hybrid implementation at my home.

I have four 415w panels in 2P2S configuration, MPPT 100/50 solar charge controller, Cerbo GX, 24V LiFePo4 battery with Daly BMS

The idea is to store solar energy into batteries during the day, as well as feed ~ 500w load and use batteries when the sun stops shining and later switch back to grid input when batteries go low.

I am not allowed to exporting power back to the grid.

Is this configuration possible on Multiplus II? What elements are missing?

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Mindaugas

Yes, this is a typical application for a Multiplus.

It won't/can't export to grid if you don't invoke the ESS Assistant, but you won't need that anyway.

The grid input switching can be automated with Assistants in the Multi, probably best via battery SOC. I'm unfamiliar with the Daly, so unsure whether it can provide that value (or a switch signal) for the Multi to use. A SmartShunt (say) could do this, and you might consider adding one of those.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.