question

circle-extra avatar image
circle-extra asked

Victron Blue Smart IP22 Charger

I have two 6v AGM batteries in my camper van that I want to swap to one SOK Battery LiFePO4 12V 206Ah. I also have a Progressive Dynamics PD-9245C Convertor/Charger that I need to upgrade to get a proper lithium charging profile. Would the Victron Blue Smart IP22 Charger be a good alternative? I like the bluetooth connection as well.

That's a mains powered charger. I also check this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/SolarDIY/materialssupply

Victron SmartSolar MPPT is the solar version. Also Bluetooth. but i think i can't satisfied, Is it good for buying this?

ip22
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @circle extra,

the Victron Blue Smart IP22 is a good alternative and carries even a dedicated Lithium charge profile (which you can adapt to what the SOK needs). But you definitely need to think about a solution how to disconnect the charger in the event of high cell voltage or high temperature and low temperature, for example with a Smart Battery Protect or a Cyrix Li charge, controlled by your BMS.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic