question

mespro avatar image
mespro asked

Grid Feed in limit DC coupled PV

Hi.

I have few MPPTs, total about 10kW, MultiPlus 48/5000 and 50kWh battery. I want to feed in excess power when battery is full and there is more solar power than loads. I want to set max 3,3kW feed in limit. I only have option to enable feed-in but it feeds all extra power. Often more that 3,3kW. I don't have any AC PV system.

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
tnt369 avatar image
tnt369 answered ·

One option is to set the grid setpoint in ESS to negativ value (i.e. up to -3000W).

You can try it by setting it manually to test if it works for you.

Automatically his can be done by a external controller which is connected by modbus.

Reading SoC (if full) and battery current (discharging a little to make sure you get the

maximum from the mppt´s).

I think this will need a regulator-function or ramp-function to control the discharge current (input)

and getting the optimal ESS-grid-setpoint (output). Limiting the output to approx -3000W (grid limit).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mespro avatar image
mespro answered ·

Thanks for answer. I updated cerbo and multiplus to latest firmawe and grid feed-in menu now shows in ESS and i can set limit. I will update when we have some more sun and i can test it.

1 comment
2 |3000

Meno Himmelreich avatar image Meno Himmelreich commented ·
Did it work?
0 Likes 0 ·