question

nigelfxs avatar image
nigelfxs asked

Mounting the MPPT-WireBox-L-Tr to the BlueSolar MPPT 150-70?

The MPPT-WireBox-L is the correct size for the BlueSolar MPPT 150-70, but there are no holes to screw the steel base plate to the underside of the charger. Both devices are newly purchased.

Can one safely drill a hole in the heatsink to attach the steel base plate?

wirebox
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

The holes are pre-drilled into the heat sink,the black plastic dummy screws need to be removed to expose the holes!

I modified my wire box to conceal & mechanically protect the cables,by using a right angled Ve-direct cable, as per the image.

image.jpeg (1.1 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nigelfxs avatar image
nigelfxs answered ·

Thanks for the photo - a neat setup! I have carefully checked but my new MPPT 150-70 does not come with pre-drilled holes.

I wonder if the Wirebox can only be used with SmartSolar units and not BlueSolar units?

2 |3000

nigelfxs avatar image
nigelfxs answered ·

Is it possible to get some official feedback from Victron regarding the compatibility of MPPT-WireBox-L and the BlueSolar MPPT 150-70?

@Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff)

@Johanens Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff)

2 |3000

Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Yes, also for this model (h=200mm) is a wirebox available

wirebox.jpg (85.1 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

nigelfxs avatar image nigelfxs commented ·

Hi Johannes

Do you know the correct method to attach the MPPT Wirebox-L Tr to the BlueSolar MPPT 150-70 Tr?

The Quick Installation Guide shows that the steel base plate attaches to holes on the underside of the charger - bit my new BlueSolar MPPT 150-70 Tr does not have any holes in this area.

See diagram below.

0 Likes 0 ·
clipboard02.jpg (99.9 KiB)
nigelfxs avatar image
nigelfxs answered ·

Hi @Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff)

I was hoping for an answer on whether the BlueSolar MPPT devices are compatible with the Wirebox. If they are compatible, what is the recommended method of fixing the steel plate to the underside of the heatsink?

See my picture above that shows that there are no holes in the heatsink as described in the installation guide. I also cannot find an installation guide for the "MPPT Wirebox-L" - the web-link downloads the guide for the "XL" version.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic