question

Peter Silbernagl avatar image
Peter Silbernagl asked

MPPT Smart Solar 100/20 - How are Yield in Whr and Consumption in Whr calculated / determined?

Dear all, The outputs, via Bluetooth, gives Yield in Whr and Consumption in Whr, amongst other data. How are these two outputs calculated or determined? Typically, the Yield varies with the amount of energy required from the system, but is usually between 500Whr and 1500Whr per day for each MPPT 100/20. The Consumption was about 50Whr per day for each, but has increased to about 175Whr per day after I installed a second battery (identical). The system works with a Multiplus 24V 3000VA_70. Please help. Many thanks.

MPPT SmartSolar
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image snoobler commented ·
Can you include screenshots of the pertinent info? I can't find that VictronConnect reports a consumption for the MPPT.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Just cos of interest I will comment.

14 hours of sun would mean your latitude is about 35d south.

Your bulk/absorp voltages are different, 8 cell Lifepo4?

Absorp duration of 5 minutes?

To answer your OP, Yeild is the total amount of energy your PV array has gathered for the day. Some of that has been directly used by your loads, the rest has gone back into your battery.

Consumption is the energy that your loads have consumed, that are connected the the mppt's load terminals, for the day.

Any loads directly connected to the battery will not be measured ^.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Peter Silbernagl avatar image Peter Silbernagl commented ·
@klim8skeptic Yes, at 34.4217S

I was advised to keep the Absorption time as short as possible for the LiFeYPO4 battery. Is that a problem?

Also, there are no loads directly connected to the MPPTs. The MPPTs are just connected to the PV panels and the batteries; 2 x BlueNova BN26V-77-2k in parallel.

Is the increase in Consumption due to increased load to balance the energy flows and the voltages between the two batteries? Are there some setting that I could change to reduce the Consumption, which seems like an unnecessary overhead on the system?

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ Peter Silbernagl commented ·

Your Blue Nova battery?

blue-nova.png

Your Mppt seems to have some confusion as to charge up to 28.1v (bulk/absorp) or 27.7v (float).

I dont see any absorption period recommendation?

EDIT, i dont know why your mppt is recording consumption, while you have nothing connected to the load terminals, best to ignore for now.

0 Likes 0 ·
blue-nova.png (135.2 KiB)
Peter Silbernagl avatar image
Peter Silbernagl answered ·

@snoobler I hope you can read this. I connect to the MPPT via Bluetooth with my Samsung phone and send the file, in CSV format, to my laptop via email.

1642144501015.png

1642144501015.png (148.6 KiB)
2 |3000