question

solarman71 avatar image
solarman71 asked

2 ESS systems controlled by one VenusGX?

I am using AC coupling between a Multiplus and a PV inverter using a VenusGX

I want to have AC coupling on a second battery bank, second Multiplus and a second PV inverter, and I am wondering if I can use same VenusGX. I have a MK3 interface that I can use.

Is it possible? If so, how do I make the connections/ settings? I don't need any monitoring on the second system, I only want the second PV inverter to charge second battery bank through the second Multiplus.

Thank you so much.

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Solarman71

No.

See 2.3 of the Venus Manual.

You will get some information from the unit using the MK3 to usb adapter but it is more basic monitoring than control.

Connecting multiple VE.Bus systems to a single VGX

Only one VE.Bus system can be connected to the VE.Bus ports on the back of the VGX. The professional way to to monitor more systems is to add a second VGX

If you do require to connect more than one system to the same VGX, use an MK3-USB. Functionality will be limited:

• Only the system connected to the built-in VE.Bus ports is used to generate the data on the Overview pages.
  • All connected systems will be visible on the Device-list
  • All connected systems will be taken into account for Energy consumption and distribution calculations (kWh graphs on VRM)
  • Only the system connected to the built-in VE.Bus ports is used for the Generator start/stop logic
  • In case of an ESS system, only the system connected to the built-in VE.Bus ports is used in the ESS mechanisms. The other one is displayed in the device list only.
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.