question

Topper avatar image
Topper asked

Do i need anti islanding for my ESS installation in the Netherlands

Hello all,

I have a ESS installation in my house and i want to feed back to the grid, must i have a anti islanding solution like the RCD000100200?

And what software settings (UK, German, or else?) must be applied to make it work in the Netherlands?

Thanks in advantage,

Gr. Roel

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

These will be requirements from your local electricity authority, please check with them for your requirements. or contact a local victron dealer ( maybe even the dealer you purchased from) also they would be able to help with the setup

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Topper avatar image Topper commented ·

Paul B,

Thanks for your answer, i have contacted my dealer, see for the whole story my reply on the answer of Tommas.

Gr. Roel

0 Likes 0 ·
tommas avatar image
tommas answered ·

It depends on the type of multiplus you have. A normal multiplus has only one ENS relay, wich is not allowed in holland. You will need the external ziehl unit, or buy an multi2 wich has 2 ENS relays.

2 comments
2 |3000

Topper avatar image Topper commented ·

Tommas,

Thanks for your answer, i have a Quattro type 24/5000/120-2x100, with firmware version 2648424. The grid is connected on the AC-2 input the AC-1 input isn't used.
So, i think there is only one ENS in the Quattro, as you said then is must use the external ziehl unit.
I've asked my dealer that i want to buy the 'complete pre-wired anti-islanding device' type RCD000100200, but they said that there is only software in the UFR1001E for UK, Germany, Spain and others, which must i choose?

Thanks in advantage,

Gr. Roel

0 Likes 0 ·
tommas avatar image tommas Topper commented ·

cant help you with that question.. beause i chosen the multi2 for easiest way. should contact youre victron dealer.

0 Likes 0 ·