question

tampabayer avatar image
tampabayer asked

I have 5 MPPT 100/50’s connected to a USB hub via VE direct to usb going to Cerbo GX. Nothing is showing up on Cerbo GX touch.

I’ve got 5 smart solar MPPTs hooked up with 5 VE direct to usb cords going to a usb hub which is then going to a USB port on Cerbo gx. I see the MPPTs on victron connect via Bluetooth but I can’t get them to show up on the touch screen. Any help.

MPPT SmartSolar
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·
Have you tried a diffrent USB port on the Cerbo? one port is only for power.
0 Likes 0 ·
tampabayer avatar image tampabayer shaneyake commented ·
Just tried all of the usb ports. They all seem to send power. One USB port right next to the hdmi is for the gx touch.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

If you connect one of those Solar chargers directly to the Cerbo GX (using the same VE.Direct-USB cable), is it seen by your Cerbo GX?

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tampabayer avatar image tampabayer commented ·
The controllers are to far away from the Cerbo gx to do that test. I don’t have a usb coupler to go from the usb cable from the Cerbo to the VE direct to usb connection. I’m currently in La Paz Mexico and finding parts here is difficult.
0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 tampabayer commented ·

Move the Cerbo closer to the solar charge controllers for testing this.

That USB hub you are using is powered (meaning if it has a separate power supply)?

How long is the USB cable between the Cerbo GX and the USB hub?

How long are the VE.Direct-USB cables (including any USB extenders you might have) between the solar chargers and the USB hub?

The VE.Direct-USB cables are from Victron or DIY?

0 Likes 0 ·
tampabayer avatar image tampabayer seb71 commented ·
VE direct to usb are from Victron and are maybe 5 feet long, and plug directly into the usb hub. From the hub up to the nav station where the Cerbo gx is, is a 15’ heavy duty usb cable. The hub is powered and the on light is lit up. It’s a cheap hub from Best Buy that I picked up right before I left the states. I think it might have something to do with the hub. Moving the Cerbo and screen is just going to be a pita to test this although not impossible.
0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 tampabayer commented ·
Could also be that 15 feet USB cable between Cerbo and the USB hub.

15 feet is quite long for USB.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

from experience some brands of USB hubs do not work, try some different brand hubs if you can -

more than likely the better the quality of the hub the more chance you will have that it works

but first test the one or two MPPTs work when directly connected to the cerbo as per above advise.

Also Try

plug ONE VE direct to usb cable into your 15ft usb cable then into the cerbo this should then test if the cable is ok

2 comments
2 |3000

tampabayer avatar image tampabayer commented ·
Thanks for the help. I’ve got a couple different hubs coming in tomorrow from a friend flying into Mexico. Also have a usb coupler coming to just test the cable.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthew Walsh avatar image Matthew Walsh tampabayer commented ·
hi @Tampabayer did you come right with this issue?
0 Likes 0 ·