question

chrisscott666 avatar image
chrisscott666 asked

Quattro and ess no ess found

I have a Quattro 48/15000/200 powering my house with 24kwh of lead acid batteries and 4kw solar, I just got the batteries and cerbro gx but it says no ess found on the online portal? I have the usb to Ethernet lead and can get into my Quattro and update it so firmwear is

Quattro 490

Cerbro v280~24

What am I missing?

My intention is to set the batteries to charge during the day with excess power and then power the house at night taking them down to 50% soc before going back to the grid the next morning

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

Did you install the ess assistant on your quattro ?

ESS is not used to cut the connection to the grid btw.

Jens

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chrisscott666 avatar image chrisscott666 commented ·
My system is a bit different at the moment as the 4kwh solar is grid side of the quattro till i move it soon to load side. I was hoping ess could tell the qattro to only use grid charging say 10am to 4pm that way I will charge off solar then use batteries 4pm til 10am unless batteries run below 50 percent soc in that time as lead acid (I have another 24kwh arriving this week. So total 24kwh usable)
1 Like 1 ·
chrisscott666 avatar image
chrisscott666 answered ·

Sorry about the delay I thought I would of got a email notification,

No I didn't know you had to install them is there a guide? I have a mac with the usb/ethernet adaptor and th victaron connect app

4 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

You will need veconfigure which only runs on windows.

You can either directly modify the inverter config via a mk3 USB adapter or create a remote configuration and upload it via VRM.

It is all clearly explained in the ESS docs which no one seems to want to read.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/index-en.html

0 Likes 0 ·
chrisscott666 avatar image chrisscott666 nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
I have read that and watched a you tube video but I was none the wiser. I will borrow a lap top and try that. Seems daft to have to do that to activate them when I have connect with internet connection so there must be a reason it can't be done remotely or added to firmwear
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ chrisscott666 commented ·

From the configuration section:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:how_to_add_and_configure_an_assistant

You have to load, enable and config the assistant on the multi.

Like all configuration changes this needs veconfigure. victron connect only allows basic setup.

You can build a configuration remotely with veconfigure and upload it from VRM, or just do it directly on the inverter with a USB to VE.Bus adapter.

0 Likes 0 ·
chrisscott666 avatar image chrisscott666 nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you
0 Likes 0 ·