question

bossrox avatar image
bossrox asked

150/100 malfunction?

I just had 2 150/100's replaced not long ago & 1 of them is doing this odd thing now.... After sundown the displays backlights normally turn off. Well now 1 of them stays on & when I disconnect the battery wire & reconnect, it will then go off. But if I just let it go, the next day it stays in the previous days cycle. So what it's does is go from bulk directly to float as it would normally do after a full days proper charge cycle. It won't stop into absorption. I did a factory reset but that did nothing so I don't know if there's another solution to cure this problem. Other than that, it charges just fine, but skips absorption unless I disconnect the battery briefly. Any suggestions why this is happening? Another thing I found is at night, battery voltage is feeding back to the solar panels on that charger where the other it doesn't.

MPPT SmartSolar
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Bossrox

It should not be dissipating power to the panels ever.

Are your panels ok?

If you swap their physical positions does the behaviour change? That will help you rule out if it is a string/array issue or an mppt issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
bossrox avatar image
bossrox answered ·
All panels have blocking diodes so even the backfeeding into them isn't an issue & there's no drain off the batteries with this issue & my panels are producing normally.
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.