question

Cody Smith avatar image
Cody Smith asked

Autotransformer 240V 50A Shore to 120V and two multis

Alright, so, I have two 24/3000 multis. I currently have shore power (240V split phase 50A) coming in, splitting between the multis, and then the multis feeding the 100A autotransformer for what I thought would be load balancing, however it isn't balancing and my multi L1 going into overload. Nothing in the RV is split phase. Multis are setup in split phase. When I try to use battery power while connected to grid, i get crazy load imbalance and also I get negative wattage readings on my line 2 per the cerbo and victron connect.

I am thinking I need to bring the shore power into the autotransformer so that I can take the 240V 50A and split it into two same phase 120V 50A legs, feed the multis with these legs, and then run the multis as split phase or parallel? Does that sound right? So move the Auto to the front of the system before the multis instead of after? Any help is appreciated. Losing my mind a bit! Thanks!

Thinking more, I guess could I use the Autotransformer to go from 240V split to 120V single output at 100A and split that wire going to each multi?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerAutotransformersplit phase
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·
Just keep in mind 240V -> 120V is limited to 28A.

Are you sure the Autotransformer is connected correctly? It should balance a decent amount.
What does the imbalance look like in watts? How much on L1 vs L2?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Daniel avatar image
Daniel answered ·

parallel them, you only need to phase them if you had equipment that requires 2 phases to operate.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.