question

durandetantoine avatar image
durandetantoine asked

synchronizing MPPT with BMS

I have a multiplus GX and pylontech batteries, brand new. The MPPT is connected to the GX inverter, setup on DVCC, and the BMS from pylontech controls the MPPT (Smart one, 150/35) which says "external control" All good.

I have added a 2nd string with another smart MPPT (100/20). I created a smart network for the MPPTs and synchronized them. All good.

Then the error 67 appears. Lost BMS. How do I control the second MPPT with the BMS? Is there a VE direct daisy cable available? Do both MPPT have to be VE direct hard wired and how?

Any help very much appreciated. Thank you

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You need to attach the second mppt to a dedicated VE direct port on the GX, or use a USB to VE-direct cable on the GX.

The smart network will not help you in this use case.

The integrated GX has limited connectivity, so USB is probably your only option.

Always better to use an external GX if you intend to extend the setup.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

durandetantoine avatar image
durandetantoine answered ·

Thank you. I have ordered the USB to VE direct cable and will test it. It seems to be the way to go.

2 |3000