gordon-bleu asked

System setup in general

Hi there.

Last week i bought 320 watt pannels

A victron 100/30 smart mppt

A victron mini bms

One victron 100ah smart lifepo4

An victron ip22

Although i am familiar with solar systems (pwm / agm ) im having massive problems making the system work. The mailorder i got the components from cant help me either.

I installed the victron app tried to charge the battery with the ip22 to give it a full charge as requested . After a while i got a warning on my phone that the cells are unbalanced. So i stoped the charge.

Is there a second app that i missed that makes the components talk to each other instead of talking to my phone? I couldnt set up a network between the battery and the chargers. Do i need something else to make this system work?

The system is going to be installed in an rv.

No fancy bs.

Dont need any displays.

Just want it to work.

Should i just switch back to agm/ pwm?

Seems a bit like rocket sience to me and hard to deal with if youre taking into consideration that i spend 2k and no one is having a clue...

I would appreciate if someone could help me to work this out so i dont have to ship the stuff back.

Thank you

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
alex-rhys-hurn avatar image
alex-rhys-hurn answered ·

Hi,

I cant help directly with some of your points, but can help with others.

Firstly, Lifepo4 is a massive difference than agm batteries in various ways like weight, depth of discharge and rate of charging and stable voltage, so with that step up in tech there is a degree of learning curve, and some time spent researching will help you. I know you want straight plug and play and have things work, but you will need to read up a bit here.

The Lifepo4 Superpacks with integrated BMS and safety was developed to simplify the transition to Lifepo4 by integrating these components in to the battery.

MPPT is likewise a real improvement from PWM, and I would never go back. Be sure that your solar panels are connected in a way to ensure that younhave a healthy input voltage from the panels to the mppt. You dont say how many panels you bought but you may find benefit in connecting them in series to ensure that mppt input voltage is well above the system voltage (12-13v).

The IP22 charger has a rev 2 model which has improved bluetooth features, maybe thats why you are struggling with network.

Eitherway I would NOT go back to pwm/agm. I am not familiar with external bms and cell balancing as I have the integrated superpack.

Alex

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.