question

jos-sbr avatar image
jos-sbr asked

ESS and EasySolar 24/300/70

EasySolar 24/3000/70 Fw version 2.51 Grid and solarpanels 2kWp connected.

+ Battery Victron smart 25,8V/200Ah ESS assistant installed.

I want to set ESS for maximum self-consumption but I don't see the option 'control without grid meter' . The battery is fully charged from the grid and the consumption also comes completely from the grid, even though the battery is 100% charged and the sun is shining.

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Jos SBR

Your mppt should be producing something.

All settings for ESS are under the ess menu in the gx device.

Some types of batteries need som settings to be tweaked. I have one type that weill pnly produce if i enable grid feedback then set it to 0w feedback (since we arent allowed to feedback). Then there is another type that wants the soc to be allowed to drop to 95%, then the solar works harder. But during the day it does keep the batteries charged to 100% during the day with battery life on.

Do you have a victron bms installed with the batteries?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jos-sbr avatar image
jos-sbr answered ·

Thanks for replying. When I interrupt the grid, the battery and the solar charger work normally. But when I connect the mains, the battery is charged from the mains to 100% and the load is also operated from the mains.

I don't see the option 'control without grid meter' ESS ontwerp- en installatiehandleiding.pdf

No BMS has been installed for the time being, but I don't think this is necessary for the operation of ESS.

2 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

No BMS has been installed for the time being, but I don't think this is necessary for the operation of ESS.

But it is necessary for the batteries!
Never use lithium batteries without BMS!

There should be an options like "grid meter" -> internal or external

Can you make some pictures/screenshots of you system and your settings (VE.config / GX device).

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Jos SBR

You need the bms for the system to work correctly, if you read the linked pages you would see they are required with Victron Lithium batteries.

0 Likes 0 ·