question

Dennis Leth Andersen avatar image
Dennis Leth Andersen asked

ESS 3x quattro not using Battery on AC-out1

Hi all,

I have just installed a ESS system of 3x quattro 48/8000 in 3 phase system. Firmware 487.

I have installed an ET340 energy meter just after the grid intake. I have a 6kw windmill connected on the AC-in1 side of the Quattros, parallel to the grid. It works fine and when we have wind to produce power, it charge up the battery, (22kWh).

My problem is all load are connecte to the AC-out1 on the quattros, but is only fed by the grid when the windmill are stopped, and battery are not used aad stays full. The picture showes the load without the windmill

I have a Cerbo GX to control the system.

Is there a way to use the battery first, in this ESS setup?

img-20210930-wa0000.jpg

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
basil katakuzinos avatar image
basil katakuzinos answered ·

Do you have the ESS assistant installed, you will see in ESS settings the ability to decide how the battery is used.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dennis Leth Andersen avatar image
Dennis Leth Andersen answered ·

SOLVED.

I have moved the wiring from ACoutput1 to ACoutput2 and now it works as it should. The battery are used when the windmill are stopped. AC output 1 is only allowed to use the battery when the grid is lost. AC output 2 works perfect with ESS.

1 comment
2 |3000

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·
This doesn't really make sense. The AC-OUT1 and AC-OUT2 are electrically the same.

AC-OUT2 just has a contactor so it can turn off.
Something else made the difference like rebooting your system.

0 Likes 0 ·