question

apple047 avatar image
apple047 asked

Grid import limitation

Hello,

I'm currently using 2x MP2 in parallel as an ESS recently I started to do grid balancing and charging batteries at cheaper rate from the grid, naturally since energy is cheaper I'm using more loads in the house as well, I've noticed my grid connection is getting pretty close to the limit when batteries are charging and using the shower at 72A.

Grid connection is 100A but I have my own fuse of 80A (so I don't blow the suppliers fuse and for electrical regulations)

Would there be a configuration/assistant, to throttle back the charging so not to exceed the grid connection? At this moment it's unlikely to blow the fuse but I have the third MP2 on the wall, haven't connected it yet, once I connect it chances are I'll blow the fuse.

The ideal solution would be a setting similar to Feed in limitation in ESS assistant.

Thanks in advance.

George

ce9d2e06-ddd2-4cfd-9dd6-488bc1ce77a6.png

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

For this situations the normal ESS isn't well suited.

I would recommend installing the large version of the firmware for the GX.
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:large

You can then use NodeRed to change the grid setpoint at diffrent times of day.
This is very simple and only needs 2 nodes.

You can set the grid set point to 0W when electricity is expensive and +18kw during cheap times.
This would charge your batteries with any power remaining after the power required to run loads.
So if loads are turned on and off the charging rate would change to keep grid at around 75A depending on voltage, this can be adjusted.

This is a scalable solutions so you could use that 3rd multiplus with no problems.

If you need help with the NodeRed part, I can give you my email.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

Yes you set the charging current back in the settings menu.

2 |3000