question

redsam avatar image
redsam asked

Smart Solar MPPT VeCan and VEdirect connection

Hello My MPPT 150/85 is connected to Venus GX with VECAN bus

Can i connect it with a VEbus in the same time so i can remotely control it?

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Redsam

No.

They ports have different communication uses. VE BUS is specified for VE BUS products like the inverter and digital control.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Venus_GX/en/installation.html

But you should be able to switch if off remotely over the VRM using Victron Connect though if you are not on site.

screenshot-20210919-164812.jpg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

redsam avatar image
redsam answered ·

@Alexandra Thank you for your answer

i'm sorry i made a big mistake i wanted to say VEdirect and i write Vebus.. i know that solar charger dont have Vebus port.

so my question us can us plug VEcan and VEdirect cables in the same time or just the ve direct

i have just on solar charger in my installation

Thank you

2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Redsam

You can use just one. So whichever you prefer or suits your needs as in how far you need to run the cable.

You dont need both.

Either will allow you to switch off in app.

The VE can mppts simplify larger installs like 15mppts since the can can be daisy chained, so that is more the idea behind that port. And distance from gx, as ve direct has a limit in length.

0 Likes 0 ·
redsam avatar image redsam Alexandra ♦ commented ·

my solar charger is connected via Vecan and i can't find out how to switch it on/off with victron connect app

0 Likes 0 ·