question

archean1 avatar image
archean1 asked

MPPT 75/15 wrong wattage and turning off

MPPT 75/15 smart solar with ~70 Ah LiFePO4 and a couple 20W solar panels... only used for light loads (charging phones, LED lights, laptop occasionally). It's a rig for my camping trailer, but right now it's on my balcony and it's been working fine for a 18 months years. I used it a bit heavier in recent days charging laptop, but battery voltage at 13.1 v and no indication it should be problem.

With only a couple watt LED attached, the load keeps randomly flipping off every minute or so. Does the same with no load. Have separate volt meter on battery and voltage solid at 13.1 v. Tried Always On mode and still the same result.

Additionally (problem at same time I assume), the charge from the solar panel makes no sense... it's telling me I have up to ~75 watts of solar right now, though it's grey out with just 2x20w panels = it's a miracle!! To confirm, MPPT says right now charge current = ~3A, but I have a seprate shunt and tells me more like 0.5A charge (which is normal / expected / correct for a grey day).

Have disconnected power, reset to defaults... any other ideas?

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers