question

aitor46 avatar image
aitor46 asked

Are this PV array good for a smartsolar MPPT 75/15?

20210905-112912.jpgscreenshot-20210905-171348-chrome.jpgHello everybody, I have been reading a lot in the forum looking for the best PV array for my MPPT 75/15. I got a campervan with two china 100w flexible panels on it connecting to my 75/15 and because a very hard hailstorm one panel is broken and the other panel is give me only 36w at direct sun. I am looking to replace them with another two panels. Can I connect these two panels on it?? I live in the north of spain and the van sleep on the street everyday. When the old panels were new it is supposed that the panels would give me 200w and the high Wtts I saw in direct sun were around 145w and now I want to put something that worst the money.

Thank you very much

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
basil katakuzinos avatar image
basil katakuzinos answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

aitor46 avatar image aitor46 commented ·

Thank you very much for the response, I have seen the video a it is very interesting also the calculator on the video it is better explained than the victron calculator.

I have made a estimation and it appears that with two of these panels I could expect 13.98amps going into the 75/15 controller and 23.98amps coming out of the controller. I have read that the 75/15 controller can handle more than 15 amps imput but it only can manage to export 15 amps maximun to the battery.

Is this true??

I don't think that the amps never gonna reach more than 15 because in the roof of the campervan them are not in the ideal situation and orientation but I dont wanna break something inside the controller.

Thank you very much

0 Likes 0 ·
magisterkrss avatar image
magisterkrss answered ·

I have 4 x 100W on my roof and the maximum power I had this summer is 136W peak.

It are also flexible Chinese panels I doubt they are realy 100w peak

2 |3000

aitor46 avatar image
aitor46 answered ·

You got them connected to 75/15 controller?? Yes I have realised that the hottest the roof the less power them give. For these new flexible panels I want to instal a policarbonate plate down the panels hoping that It will help the panel not to blend with the strings of the roof and helping them to avoid the temperature of the roof.

2 |3000