question

mark-meyer avatar image
mark-meyer asked

Zero feed in issue

I have a Multiplus 48/5000 in ESS set-up with grid meter and 150/60 MPPT. I have set up the minimum power from grid at 350 watts to prevent feed-in. When a large load, such as an oven switches off, the inverter output is reduced too slowly, resulting in a small feed-in to the grid. This causes the Utility meter to sense back-feed and switch off the mains supply for a short period before resetting.

I see in the latest firmware 454 for the Multigrid, there is mention of improving the response time for feed-in control.

Is this something that could be extended to the Multiplus quite soon?

ESS
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Why are you using the ESS mode instead of one of the other modes of operation for the multi?

Part of the ESS Design is that there is a bit of flexibility with import and export of the grid.

The other Offgrid modes are much more strict with how they handle the AC input to prevent back feed.

0 Likes 0 ·
mark-meyer avatar image mark-meyer Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

I am using a small pylontech battery US3000 at the moment and the system is wired as a hybrid with AC O/P 2 not in use. Are you suggesting it would be better to use the old Hub 1 system with the ignore AC input logic? This is an option but I am hoping it is possible to improve the control response? The system as is works well 98% of the time as it only "trips" the mains 2 or 3 times a week...unfortunately this annoys the customer.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

When any feedback is forbidden, ESS is not the right solution.

A default configuration with some AC input control logic, depending on the customers requirements, is a better way to go.

If you can isolate the cause of the trip to a single load, such as the oven. You might also consider removing it from the AC output of the inverter or the energy meter depending on your config. The just have it powered by the grid direct.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Please note that your battery is way to small for your setup, you need at least 3 of these to stay in factory (Pylontech) recommended power range.

2 |3000