question

callum-keates avatar image
callum-keates asked

MPPT Charger low voltage

I have 3x 160w panels giving my 63v odd VOC and roughly 1amp when tested on multimeter.

(roughly 21v 1amp each panel)

The MPPT controller (Smart Solar 100/50) never shows more than 1v (Typically like 0.2v) and 0A.

I've checked polarity and there are no blown fuses and the batteries aren't fully charged.

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
callum-keates avatar image
callum-keates answered ·

So after trying everything, it turned out to be a fault with the controller.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marc-de-montreal avatar image
marc-de-montreal answered ·

hi, when all is pluged and your PV under the sun, what is the voltage on the screws of your input PV mppt??

2 comments
2 |3000

callum-keates avatar image callum-keates commented ·

1.05v max at the time of writing. It was a bit cloudy but I'd expect at least a few amps of charging.

0 Likes 0 ·
marc-de-montreal avatar image marc-de-montreal callum-keates commented ·

can you find where you lost the power by checking each connection? that look a bad connection in the string (or a bad mc4)!

0 Likes 0 ·
davidcolemandc avatar image
davidcolemandc answered ·

If you unplug your MPPT, what is the string voltage and amps? If connected in series it should give you roughly 60v on an open circuit. Then check the amps. Check that your multimeter can withstand up to 10A.

1 comment
2 |3000

callum-keates avatar image callum-keates commented ·

63v VOC and roughly 1amp when tested on multimeter

0 Likes 0 ·