question

karlmr avatar image
karlmr asked

Scheduled Charge on ESS causes limitation on DC coupled solar

Been running my system for a few weeks. Has lead acid batteries that are quite small. So I decided to introduce a scheduled charge in the afternoons to ensure the batteries are charged by the time the sun sets.

I noticed that as the battery reaches a full state, the solar charge taken is quite low - i.e. its 2pm, AC draw is 2100W, while I typically get about 3000W from the panels at this stage (no clouds), but only getting half that and the rest is drawn from grid (setpoint set at 50W!)

I also tested, if I turn off scheduled charge, solar PV charger kicks up to AC load level and grid drops to setpoint of 50W.

What am I missing?

ESS
capture.jpg (41.7 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jaco Reinecke avatar image Jaco Reinecke commented ·

Going to follow this ... I have seen same.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @KarlMR

this can't be completely prevented (and is usually no problem as most people don't use scheduled charge during daytime), but if you use the latest ESS assistant there have been some improvements.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.