question

crosscut avatar image
crosscut asked

MPPT 100/50 Display...what does it all mean?

The Bluetooth display for my MPPT 100/50 indicates "Solar" of 48W right now. But, I have a four-panel array of 160W panels arranged as parallel, then series...and I'm now in direct sun in Sedona Arizona, USA. So what does "48W" really mean? I sure hope my panels are generating more than 48W with conditions as they are.

Furthermore, the Solar voltage is 40.31 with a current of 1.3A. The battery voltage is 13.62 with 3.4A, with a Float state of charge.

My battery array is a set of four, 6-volt AGM batteries arranged as series, then parallel.

Do these numbers make sense? Is my system OK, or not? Why? What do my Bluetooth numbers really mean?

Thanks. Cheers!

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi @CrossCut,

It sounds like your batteries are full, so the controller is not pulling more than 48w from your panels to charge them because they don't need it... from your stated numbers, then yes, your controller is working properly.

For more information about what everything means, please see the VictronConnect Manual for MPPT Controllers.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.