question

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman asked

MultiPlus II 48/3kva How to stop AC-Out-2 loads being supported by battery

I moved my geysers and laundry appliances onto as yet unused AC-Out-2 on my Multiplus today in the hope that we could make better use of massive amounts of wasted solar I have because my critical loads are too small.

The MP2 manual lead me to believe that battery power would not be used to support loads on AC-Out-2:

While unlikely that both geysers will turn on at the same time, and I could add a control device to ensure they don’t, pulling 50A out of a lead acid bank is probably not a good recipe for longevity.

My ESS was configured with a minimum SoC of 80% but seeing the above I pushed that 95% and when the batteries hit that, the inverted backed off and the geysers drew direct from the grid.

What are my options to only support the loads on AC-Out-2 with available solar and leave the batteries to only support essential loads on AC-Out-1?

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

I think the answer to this is, “You don’t.” and the solution is alluded to in @Murraynated’s answer on my other question about isolating critical loads. I have to install an ET112 and rather export excess solar instead of using AC-out-2.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

safiery avatar image
safiery answered ·

We have an application (for RV customers) whereby we turn the 240VAC hot water storage on at a specified SOC and do this on AC Output 2. Follow the assistants guidelines remembering that you have to load assistants to both turn on and turn off. For the SOC triggers, we synchronise VE.bus SOC with the Lithium battery we supply using CANbus. Its a stable and proven system.

2 |3000