question

mtthhrs avatar image
mtthhrs asked

Victron ESS System in the United States

I was looking into using and programming a Victron ESS system in the United States to feed back into the grid. I know it is possible to do on a technical level but what about the regulatory level?

I noticed that the MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-50 120V (UL 1741) PMP482305102 is UL Listed but does it have any grid codes?

Some places in the documentation it says you may be able to use 3rd party anti islanding devices but is there any anti-islanding equipment available that is compatible with Victron for the United States? So far I haven't been able to find anything.

I have also contacted my Victron Distributer (which I have a great relation with) and he also hasn't been able to get an answer.

I am a Victron Installer and have set up a significant amount of Victron off grid systems and I also have a lot of experience with Schneider, Magnum, Outback, Midnite and Samlex Off Grid Systems. I have set up a Victron ESS System in an offgrid setting where I have a large Schneider Conext XW+ 6848 Inverter as my main Inverter and then have a Victron MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-50 120V setup as an ESS System with feedback to the grid (Schneider 6848 Inverter) disabled. I use the Victron Inverter to power a smaller part my property and it works great.

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
atebee avatar image
atebee answered ·

Perhaps contact these guys.. https://www.youtube.com/@intelligentcontrols

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@mtthhrs

Depends on where you are

The Victron where to buy page might have someone useful.

2 |3000

mtthhrs avatar image
mtthhrs answered ·

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll contact one of those companies.

2 |3000