question

mjs500 avatar image
mjs500 asked

Replaced GX device in VRM not working

Actions

Replaced GX device in VRM not working

Hi all,

I just replaced my GX.

As I want to keep my old data in the VRM portal I followed the instructions to replace a GX device:

1. Add the new installation to the VRM portal (it is working)
2. Go to the old installation, select the new installation and press "Replace"
3. Enter the name of the old installation and it not confirm

replaced gx device in vrm not working
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

It sounds as though you might have a step mixed up... you create the new installation, then go to the old installation and enter the VRM Portal ID of the new gateway (the GX device) and click replace. After that's done then you can delete the new installation you created.

There is no entering the name of the old installation.

vrm.png

vrm.png (65.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mjs500 avatar image
mjs500 answered ·

right that will not work img-2024-03-13-18-54-53-947.jpg

as this page pop up replace device Are you sure want to change the GX device ? to confirm, please type the name of the installation with data you would like to keep

A reboot of the device is necessary after this and it will not confirm

i am wondering is to do with Rpi and venos OS

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·
Ohhhh this isn't a GX device? If it's a Raspberry Pi or something running Venus OS, but not in fact a GX device, the procedures may be different
0 Likes 0 ·
mjs500 avatar image
mjs500 answered ·

i will start again with new Victron Carbo GX

and now vrm will not let me delete old instructions

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·
If you mean the old installation then you don't want to delete the old installation, that's where all your data and history is. Please read through the instructions again to understand what the process is.
0 Likes 0 ·
mjs500 avatar image
mjs500 answered ·

right i had past and copy in name of the installation on both places and then to works

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic