question

potti avatar image
potti asked

Can two different MPPT (MPPT150/35, MPPT150/60) load into the same battery array?

A MPPT 150/35 is already at work, loading a battery array. I want to install a second PV-string ending in a MPPT150/60. The later should load the same battery array as the first. Is this paralle mode possible?

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Yes, common. And if you network them, they will work together to control max charge current.

The issue is when people try to share a PV array between 2 MPPTs.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

potti avatar image
potti answered ·

Is "networking" two MPPT (as described above) a "must have" for what I indent to do? Does a parallel load mode also work without using the additional possibilities of two devices communicating over a network. I would like to keep matters as simple as possible. And if the communication is essential, how do I do it? Please excuse my later question, but I am really a fool concerning such things.

2 |3000