question

marekp avatar image
marekp asked

Victron Sales Promotions

To whom is this promotion directed, distributors or end-user/customer?

Victron Energy MultiPlus-II ESS promotions

Have you ever dreamed of having your very own Energy Storage System (ESS) for your home? Now is the perfect opportunity to begin, thanks to Victron Energy's promotion on the MultiPlus-II inverter/charger. Victron Energy provides a top-notch and durable ESS that ensures you have the necessary power to maintain your devices during power outages or when you aim to optimize the utilization of various energy sources, such as solar power.

Victron Energy currently offers two promotions on the MultiPlus-II inverter/changer to a selected group of distributors.

promotion
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
rvicev avatar image
rvicev answered ·

This seems to be a case of ¨if you can´t convince them, confuse them¨ ?

Who are the ¨selected group of distributors¨ ?

In France I don´t see these promotions (on the internet). I do however see many discounts on many Victron products. The MultiPlus II 48/5000-70 price now varies from under euro 1000 to over euro 1700 with official dealers - that seems quite absurd ......

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·

@rvicev

I am a bit confused with this promotions sales pitch.

"Have you ever dreamed of having your very own Energy Storage System (ESS) for your home?"

and,

"Victron Energy currently offers two promotions on the MultiPlus-II inverter/changer to a selected group of distributors".

Are this selected distributors "dreaming of having very own ESS for their homes"?

I hoped that this promotion was for the end-user not a distributor. :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Just ask your lokal Victron dealer about it.

https://www.victronenergy.com/where-to-buy

7 comments
2 |3000

@Matthias Lange - DE

But this "promotion" is for "selected dealers" not for their customers.

Do not "bite my head off" because I am just quoting this promotions sales pitch.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ marekp commented ·

Why should it be only for distributors? That makes absolutely no sense.

Victron shares the promotion public on there website and Facebook.

If it would be only for the distributors they would just send them an e-mail.

So just ask you local Victron dealer about it.

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

@Matthias Lange - DE

I did look at dealers in Poland.

ECOSOLAR (Victron dealer)
MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 + Cerbo GX GRATIS 6,180.50,- brutto
Cerbo GX 1,672.31 zł

SOLVOLTA (not a Victron dealer)
MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 3899,- (cannot get free Cerbo GX)
Cerbo GX 1400,-

MP-II 48/3k + Cerbo GX = 5299,-

How this whole-seller SOLVOLTA can sell this combo without promotion cheaper than Victron distributor with promotion?

It kind of proofs my point.

This promotion IS for Victron selected dealers. :)

EDIT:

I asked SOLVOLTA about this promotion and at first they said that the Cerbo GX is included, but an hour later, after checking with distributor they reneged on it.

Their response:

Good morning, unfortunately we have to apologize for the confusion, but the Victron distributor from whom we got our products informed us that this promotion unfortunately does not apply to us, only to retail customers who buy these products at list prices.

They did not specify what is the list price.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ marekp commented ·

The list price is in the price list :)

https://www.victronenergy.com/information/pricelist

I asked Victron about clarification about "a selected group of distributors".

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

@Matthias Lange - DE

Friend of mine asked another Victron dealer in Poland for the price of MP-II 48/3k + Cerbo GX under this promotion.

He was quoted over 7000 PLN Ex VAT which is over 8.6k PLN with VAT.

Current list price for this MP-II i €1142 Ex VAT. With VAT €1404 and in PLN 6318,-.

Do you see a problem here?

0 Likes 0 ·
rvicev avatar image rvicev commented ·
@Matthias Lange - DE : that´s exactly where I looked - which resulted in my above question/observation : the dealers I clicked on seem to have interpreted the promotion somewhat different than Victron intended ? I obviously have not checked all of them (and am not going to do so). But if one dealer offers a Victron product for eur 955 and another dealer the same product for eur 1700, than to me that seems a bit of a messy sales strategy ....... (and neither offers the official Victron promotion)
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ rvicev commented ·

Some might not offer it directly on there website but you could just ask them about it.

But I know that the prices are a mess right now...
We are also not happy about that.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @MarekP and others,

This promotion campaign is aimed at installers as well as end-users.

The promotion begins on October 1st and ends on December 31st 2023 or whilst stock lasts.

• Promotion 1: 'Buy 2 get 3' for 230V three-phase 3kVA and 5kVA MultiPlus-|| 48V DC units.
  • Promotion 2: 230V single-phase 3kVA and 5kVA MultiPlus-|| 48V DC units comes with a free Cerbo GX (per 1 unit, 1 Cerbo GX for free).

To explain the 'selected' distributors part;

The promotional pricing must be received by the Victron distributor at the time of ordering new stock delivered directly from Victron. Victron has sent all direct customers instructions on how to activate the promotion in their order-flow.

The 'selected distributors' are those that are buying direct from Victron, or have organised with their supplier to offer the promotion (which might take a bit of organising for them).

There is no obligation on any Victron distributor to offer the promotion though. They are free to choose not to participate.

It is not an after-sales rebate, and the end-customer does not engage directly with Victron to receive it. It must be via a participating distributor.

I'll pass on the other issues you've raised to the sales managers.

Apologies for the confusion, it should be good news to those buying lots of Victron Multis :)

1 comment
2 |3000

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

Thank you for this in depth explanation of how this "promotion" was intended to work.

I cannot shake off the feeling that I was right suspecting that this "promotion" is for distributors.

As you stated, distributors can choose to participate and receive free items under this "promotion" but, are they obligated to pass it on to their clients?

This "ESS promotion" for Polish customers is kind off moot since none of the Polish users of the MP-II can use ESS legally for lack of certification, for grid connection, of any Victron equipment in Poland.

So this is rather academic discussion for me and my friends.

0 Likes 0 ·
giampaolo avatar image
giampaolo answered ·
A couple of weeks ago I purchased my second Multiplus II at an excellent price, about 40% less than the first one purchased in February. Just search carefully and you can get good deals.
3 comments
2 |3000

@Giampaolo

You are correct, there are good deals out there, but my question was about this "promotion" and to whom it is directed.

0 Likes 0 ·
giampaolo avatar image giampaolo marekp commented ·

According to what Victron said, the promotion is intended for both resellers and end users. But to be honest here in Italy it is very difficult to get good prices from official Victron resellers who have much higher prices than foreign competition. Perhaps Victron should open an official sales channel where end users can benefit from this promotion.

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp giampaolo commented ·
@Giampaolo

I noticed what Victron said, but in reality it does not work as they intended.

Some distributors have their own ideas how it should work.

1 Like 1 ·
Nick Neil-Boss avatar image
Nick Neil-Boss answered ·

I have been offered this 3 for 2 promotion by the distributor where I bought my Victron Multiplus II 230 V 5000 48V 50/70. I want a second MP II unit for future expansion but I don’t need three. It seems a pretty good deal . Anyone out there in UK who needs 2 units want to do a club buy with me to share the savings?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic