question

saboken avatar image
saboken asked

Moving System from RV to a House for some critical power needs.

I'm giving up full-time RVing I have a Multi plus II 12v inverter, 2 Battle Born game changers. 1200 Watts of PV. Probably adding more, Once I figure out if I need permits or if I'm even allowed to install it on my new house (brick built in 1914) I want to put the PV panels on the garage and run the PV lines to.the house, it gets to cold in the Michigan UP for the Lifepo4 batteries to be in the garage. I want to dedicate some power to the Hot water furnace (only a small pump for water and a controller) the Internet and some lights. Should I buy a Quotro or can I us the Multi plus II? The house has 100a service I'm thinking of upgrading to 200a in a few years. My biggest question is what do I need to use the ESS so it uses the PV power before the Grid power? I've been searching for information to do this in the camper but I can't find any tutorials? I've been turning down the Amp draw to the lowest the Cerbo GX will allow to use more PV than grid. Now that I am hopefully moving to a house I don't want it to be a Big UPS backup using Grid before PV. Any ideas where to find the information I need?

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

We need a lot more information about your energy needs and intended loads to answer in detail.

You will probably need two Multis or Quattros for split phase power in order to truly prioritize solar over grid. How you connect will depend on your critical loads and that may also determine if you need one or two units.

Quattros have the advantage of a built-in transfer switch for grid/generator. Other than that if one or a pair of Multi's suit your power needs then that might work also.

Solar can be grid tied to the incoming grid feed but you loose solar if the grid goes down. You can also tie PV inverters to the output of the Multi/Quattro. Or you can also feed your solar to the battery via an MPPT.

Lots of options.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.