question

murphy-r avatar image
murphy-r asked

Smart Solar Pin Code Reset with PUK fails

Hello,

I have an older Smartsolar controller 75/10 that I pulled out of storage to update and use. My old passcode that I had was not working so I attempted to do a pin code reset in the Connect App. I entered the PUK 3 different times with no luck. Twice the app said it had an error and the 3rd time the Connect app just sort of hung. Tried the default "000000"

This device is not in my saved list on my iPhone.

Not sure how to proceed on this.

img-4576.jpg

MPPT SmartSolar
img-4576.jpg (1.7 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @murphy_r

Did you enter the PUK code manually or used a scanner on the iPhone to scan the string? We have seen problems with scanning the string. When it indeed does not accept the PUK code

BE466DAEBB29

there seems to be an error with this MPPT and there is not much that can be done.

There is one more possibility and that is that somehow the wrong sticker is on this product. To rul this out, the serial number needs to be checked. This can be done by connecting it to a GX device (Cerbo GX, CCGX, etc) or by connecting it with a VE.Direct USB cable to a PC and using a terminal program on 19200 baud to check what the output is (which should contain the serial number).

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

murphy-r avatar image
murphy-r answered ·

Thanks Thiemo. I did not know scanning the QR code was an option but, I will see if that presents a different number. I can grab a dongle and hook it into the PC and see what pops up

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @murphy_r

At the moment, scanning the QR code is not an option. The problem that I was revering to was that someone used text recognition on the PUK code, but that returned the wrong characters. So better is to just fill in the PUK code manually.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
murphy-r avatar image
murphy-r answered ·

Well 5 time was the charm and I was able to get the PUK code to take and factory reset the pin code. Thanks for the help!

2 |3000