question

gavinh avatar image
gavinh asked

10Kva Quattros Paralell single phase wont Load ESS as it says switch as group not enabled

I have a customer struggling to Load ESS on a Paralell quattro system as Single phase its not showing an option to switch as a Group? But keep getting the error that we need to switch as a group for ESS ? How do I see where to change this as its not showing the Tick Box as it normally would with 3 phase systems

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
iwan avatar image
iwan answered ·

@GavinH did you even find an answer to your question? I have a similar issue with 3 Quattros in single phase mode and an AC coupled Fronius. I need to load the "PV Inverter support" assistant, but it refuses to load without having "switch as group" enabled.

I worked around it by setting the units up in 3 phase first (with "switch as group" enabled) and then changing to single phase. It somehow remembered the setting and now it does allow me to load the assistant.

Some more help from Victron would be useful as work around might stop working at some point! :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@GavinH @Iwan

Switched a a group in an inverter system is fairly self explanatory. (Or at least I always thought it was.)

You cant ESS off one phase and then invert on another. Remember ESS functions all fall away then there is no grid. And pv inverter function falls away when there is grid.

So what does the system do when it has one foot on either side? Solution? Either have them all connected or none connected, they switch as a group, technically anyway they are no longer individual units (even though they are physically) they are one unit/system.

2 |3000

iwan avatar image
iwan answered ·

@Alexandra

Hi Alexandra, I understand. What I don't understand is, in a single phase, the 'switch as group' button is not available in the System Configurator when you configure a single phase system with 3 inverters.1670746896670.png

1670746896670.png (79.6 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

It shouldnt be able to be switched off. So the option should not be there.

It is weird that it is stated as off though even though by default would be on. I see your post is older though. Have they tried Victron connect since then to set up the parallel?

0 Likes 0 ·
radardude avatar image
radardude answered ·

I also had the same issue but found a solution.

Here is what I did to get the ESS loaded on the Quattros:

1. Once V.E. Bus System Configurator is setup, left click on AC input 1 L1 button. Then right click on the left blue Dual AC input equipment icon then select VEConfigure multi.

2. Select grid tab and select Grid code standard. Next send settings to all devices.

3. Click on Assistants Tab and add ESS assistant. Next send setting to this device only.

4. Exit VE Configure and repeat step 3 for the rest of blue equipment icons.

Hope this helps anyone that is having this problem.

2 |3000