question

twister-lee avatar image
twister-lee asked

Getting the most out of solar for my air conditioner

My gear - Multiplus 12/3000/120, a Blue Solar 100/50 rev 2, and a 200AH LifePO battery.

Ideally I would come back to my trailer, turn on the Multiplus and AC, and the AC would run off the battery but with a major contribution from the solar as well.

But the MPPT's firmware will keep it in Float until the voltage drops enough, so there's a period where I'm running down the battery without getting more than a trickle from my solar.

I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a hack/best practice that would let me use all my solar power from the beginning and therefore extend my AC time.

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Sarah avatar image
Sarah answered ·

Hi @Twister Lee What are the current settings in the MPPT and what brand of batteries are you using? Often a small increase in the float voltage can be enough to increase the output from the charger.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Reducing the rebulk offset may help. It's an extension/alternative to @Sarah comment.

2 |3000