question

irvine avatar image
irvine asked

SmartSolar MPPT RS 450/200 Stopped Charging

solar-charger.jpgGood Day,

I have a 60KVA victron system installed, and have 6 x SmartSolar MPPT RS 450/200. The 5 units are charging and the 1 unit stopped charging. There is sufficient PV voltage on the charger and it is also reading the battery voltage. The charge power on this device will fluctuate between 8W and 17W at times but is not constant. It looks like it wants to start charging and then switches off then does it after a minute or so again.

I have attached a picture of the victron connect screen of this particular charger. Can anybody please assist.

Thank you very much,

MPPT SmartSolar
solar-charger.jpg (37.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Irvine

Is it still in the devices list in the GX?

Switch if off and on again - does it wake up?

Remove comms, set to stand alone, reprogram, see if it charges with no connection to the gx.

It is interesting that there are no errors so likely there is nothing wrong maybe the system is not commanding a a charge or limiting it somewhere so the other 5 are covering the needs sufficiently.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

irvine avatar image
irvine answered ·

Thank you for your reponse, I do appreciate it.remote-console.jpg

The device is still listed on the GX.

I tried switching it on and off numerous times but it does the same.

I removed the comms and reprogrammed and it was charging for about 10 minutes and did the same again.

The charge is controlled by the Freedomwon battery BMS, but the battery is only on 50%, and when I look at the battery details on the Remote console the batteries is not blocking charge as per the attached picture.

remote-console.jpg (40.4 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Whar is the CCL from the batteries.

They may not be blocking but they could also not be requesting it.

When it ran for 10 minutes, was it stand alone? As in no comms with the system? But programmed with FW voltages

What FW batteries are you using?

0 Likes 0 ·
irvine avatar image
irvine answered ·

The FW voltages I used is 55,8V the unit was stand alone. The CCL of the batteries is in the picture.

Thank you img-1083.png

img-1083.png (490.1 KiB)
2 |3000