question

jonathan-drewes avatar image
jonathan-drewes asked

2 MPPTs on Float

I have 2 PV arrays, 3240W and 2200W peak, on 2 SmartSolar MPPTs with the same charge settings. Smart networking enabled.

Notice below that during float, one MPPT does all of the floating while the other does nothing.

I assume this will not cause any issues but I would like them to still contribute power to the system proportionately. This would then allow me to measure each array's integrated output over time accurately.

Is there a way to set the system to have them float proportionately? I assume no but thought to ask here.

Thanks!

1690289271629.png

MPPT SmartSolar
1690289271629.png (76.6 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nesswill avatar image nesswill commented ·

I have seen this with my 450/100 two will be idle while one provides float power.

It might be to do witch array has sun or best light but not sure.

So sorry i don't know.

1 Like 1 ·
jonathan-drewes avatar image jonathan-drewes nesswill commented ·
OK, thanks for the info.
1 Like 1 ·
mvas avatar image mvas jonathan-drewes commented ·

The two can not operate at exactly the same voltage. One MPPT will be operating, ever so slightly, higher than the other MPPT.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
jonathan-drewes avatar image
jonathan-drewes answered ·

Now that I have the 2 MPPTs sync'd by NOT using the bluetooth smart networking, they do seem to share the float power.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.