question

abner-grech avatar image
abner-grech asked

Setting up Multiplus 2 5000VA with a 48V 200AH battery (GRUNIQ)

screenshot-2023-06-27-170731.pngI have a system with a Multiplus 2 48V 5000VA which has a 48V 200Ah battery attached to it. Before I installed the ESS Assistant the battery would charge normally up to 55V. Now that I installed the ESS assistant it is not charging. Please help. screenshot-2023-06-27-170437.pngscreenshot-2023-06-27-170511.png

ESSess discharging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The image shows the inverter as off and no solar charger, that doesn't bode well for success, so presumably it hit the cutoff.

How are you running an ESS without solar?

The voltages also don't look right for lithium, so you would need to confirm what the manufacturer wants set, way too large gap for float to absorb for lithium.

Is this a managed battery - CAN attached?

If not how are you measuring SOC?

What ESS mode was configured? Did keep charged work?

Being an unsupported battery, there isn't a guide we can refer to, so the manufacturer should really help you with this.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

abner-grech avatar image
abner-grech answered ·

Yes the system is tied with a grid tie Steca 4200 inverter and 4000W of solar panels. When the ESS was not installed the battery would charge normally but then if grid fails all sort of errors would pop up like low battery (when in fact the battery is full) The battery is exactly as a BYD 48V (exactly a copy of that) but I cannot find any system with in the Q&A with the Multiplus 2 48V with a 200Ah BYD settings. Any reference would help.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual